Fall Traditions

Fall is here and can I just say, Hallelujah!? I love summer, but being due with a baby in
August, it felt like the longest summer of my life. I’m happy to say goodbye to summer
and hello to cold, crisp air and big, comfy sweaters. I’m excited to carve pumpkins,
watch scary movies, bake pumpkin bread, go to a local corn maze, and watch some
football. This is a time when school schedules are in full swing and the countdown to
Christmas is on (though, my countdown started in July). It’s a time to pick out Halloween
costumes and decide if you want to be the most popular vehicle at trunk-or-treat.

There is something about the changing of seasons that is so refreshing to me. It almost
feels like a time to start over, clean out your closets, set a new schedule, and put new
candles around the house. My favorite part about this time of year is the fun traditions I
am making with my little family, however, this year is especially exciting because it’s my
first fall living in Tremonton with kids. I’m excited to try out some new local activities and
hopefully add some new events to our yearly traditions. A few events that my family
attends each year are Witchfest at Gardner Village, Cornbelly’s at Thanksgiving Point
and, my personal favorite, the Turkey Shoot in Mud Lake, ID where we’re able to win a
turkey for Thanksgiving.

This year, I’m planning to take my daughters to a Bear River High School football game,
pick out a pumpkin at a local farm, drive up the canyon to look at the fall colors, go on a
local hayride and to be involved in the community events. I’m excited to check out the
Harvest Festival at Shaffer farms, Boo at the Zoo at Willow Park, Fright Lights at Willard
Bay, the pumpkin walk and toss in North Logan, the Fall Harvest Festival at the
American West Heritage Center, and of course, the uptown trick or treating in downtown
Tremonton.

Now that my husband and I have both finished school, we’re finally living somewhere
that we plan to be for a while. Knowing that we’re not leaving anytime soon makes
attending these local events much more exciting, since it will hopefully be the beginning
of new long-standing traditions.

Published in October 2017 in the Tremonton Leader


Comments