County fair draws near — can you smell the scones?


Summer is almost over and I am trying to squeeze every last bit of fun in before fall hits. I don’t know about you, but it felt like this summer flew by! We still have many things left on our "summer bucket list" such as: going to Lagoon, taking our girls camping in Bryce Canyon, and spending a day in Bear Lake. I hate to say it, but I haven't even gone to the snow cone shack yet (usually at this point in the season they have my order memorized). Though we still have so much we want to do, we have had an exciting summer full of popsicle’s, swimming, and road trips. 

I'm happy to say that the Grand Finale of summer is almost here… Christmas… I mean, the Box Elder County Fair! The rides, the food, the animals, the dancing, the singing, and so much more are what make our fair the best fair! It's like a week-long party that the entire county (and then some) comes out for. Fair week never disappoints and I'm excited for it every single year.

Many of my family and friends come into town specifically for the fair. Some fly in, and some drive for several hours, but they're all determined to get home for that delectable fair burger. My husband, Jeremy, is from Beaverton, Oregon. I've tried countless times to convince him that there is no burger better than a fair burger, but he just won't agree. Maybe it’s not the fair burger, maybe it’s the feeling of nostalgia stepping into the grandstand that makes the burger taste so good. Either way, the Box Elder County Fair is the place to be at the end of summer.

Our summer was filled with trips to Yellowstone and Idaho Falls. We filled our days with family reunions, ice cream, countless pool days, and fireworks! It was one of the best summers I’ve had and I’m sad to see it end (though, I’d be lying if I said Fall wasn’t my favorite season). I’m not quite ready to throw in the towel and start pulling out the sweaters, so we have been making an extra effort to make every day count. So, go to the pool, wear your short shorts and run through the sprinklers, because before you know it, pumpkin spice will be filling the air.


Published in the Tremonton Leader 2018
https://www.hjnews.com/tremonton/county-fair-draws-near-can-you-smell-the-scones/article_f685e33c-9a7f-11e8-8343-93e3bcdf78c6.html




Comments